- Uranus was the first planet to be discovered with a telescope
- The wind speeds of Uranus can reach 900 Km/hr
- Neptune was mathematically predicted before it was directly observed, based on the orbit of Uranus
- The Summer on Uranus is 42 years long.
- Uranus' moons are named after characters from the works of Shakespeare and Alexandra Pope.
- The Chemical element Uranium, discovered in 1789, was named after the newly discovered planet Uranus.
- Our exploration of Uranus has been entirely through the voyager 2 spacecraft in 1985 and 86, with no other visits currently planned.
- Uranus' axis are tilted at 98 degrees. So its north and south poles lie where most planets have equators.